Sunday, July 10, 2011

Introduction

I am obsessed with fashion so much that I continue to buy new clothes, yet I have a closet full of amazing items that have only been worn once or twice...or not at all!  I've realized this has to stop.  So I've decided to challenge myself.  I am no longer buying new clothes unless absolutely necessary (is it ever absolutely necessary? probably not, but let's not dwell on the small details).  I used to love putting together new outfits and mixing and matching my clothes, yet lately (maybe a lot longer than lately) I seem to be wearing the same items, which leads me to believe I need new clothes.  In the past I would try to wear a different outfit every day for weeks!  I used to take a picture every morning, proud of my mixing and matching skills.  (I really should go back and look at them for motivation.)  Randomly late at night sometimes I get a burst of energy and decide to do a fashion show with all of my clothes in front of my mirror and think "this outfit looks great!", yet I never bother to actually put them together when the time comes. I put on the same skirt/pants, together with the same top/blouse/sweater and therefore think my wardrobe is boring, which leads to more shopping. So I'm going to make a real effort to work with what I've got and realize I do not need any more clothes.  Every season, I manage to donate bags of clothing or put items up on eBay and sadly think to myself, I should have worn this more often - and now it no longer fits me!  (Or they never fit me to begin with!  No more buying shoes online and thinking they're so nice I'm going to keep them anyway. Good-bye gorgeous Christian Louboutins that maybe were worn twice because they didn't fit me properly.  I hope they're being worn more often with their new owner because man they were beautiful shoes.)  But more often than not, I come across a piece of clothing and decide to keep it because surely I will wear it again...and soon!  Definitely soon.  Then two years go by...and every time I come across it, it's screaming out to me "WEAR ME ALREADY!"  Well, I'm going to wear it already.  -M

No comments:

Post a Comment