Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Shoe Problem

A couple of months ago, I bought 3 pairs of shoes in under 10 minutes.  Yes, my 3-year-old was about to have a meltdown because he wanted to get out of the stroller and my now 3-month old was needing to eat so I needed to get the heck out of the store, but a normal, rational person would have just dealt with the situation and came back at another time to make a decision.  Not me.  I just scanned all the shoes, tried a few on and said, "I'll take them."  Did I need 3 new pairs of shoes?  Of course not.  Another problem is that I say I'll take them, even if they don't fit properly: 1) my Burberry flats that are a half size too small (but they didn't have my size and I had to have them!).  So I don't wear them that often.  Actually I haven't worn them in years. (They're going on the Wear Me Already list!); (2) my one and only pair of Christian Louboutins that I ordered online and kept them instead of returning them like a normal person, that I ended up wearing only once or twice then selling them on eBay, which I now regret (but realistically would probably never have worn them again.  But they were so beautiful!  And I have a daughter now so maybe she would've fit into them one day!); and (3) a whole bunch of other shoes that I either ended up selling on eBay or are sitting in my closet not being worn.  It's a sickness.  I'm getting better though.  Shoes are my weakness.  I almost bought another pair the other day, but I actually talked myself out of them.  I don't know if that's ever happened before.

One of the pairs I did buy that I had yet to own: oxfords.  I was on the hunt for a great pair last summer for fall, but had a hard time finding the perfect pair.  This summer I found these oxfords in taupe.  And now I've come across the leopard version...LOVE!  

DV by Dolce Vita Mini Suede Oxford: ae.com

I love the bootie version too.  (A great price!)  They would look great with the Marc by Marc Jacobs tweed pants I just bought...which should arrive today!


Madge Bootie: dolcevita.com

No comments:

Post a Comment