Monday, August 15, 2011

Manic Monday - Saved by the (Striped) Dress

I've never used the snooze button.  I'm worried it's never going to go off again.  So when my alarm goes off, I turn it off then stay in bed for just... a... few... more... minutes. Then 20 minutes go by and I'm still in bed.  I realize I have to leave in 20 minutes to catch my train!  So I quickly shower (thankfully I washed my hair the day before).  Only 10 minutes left to get dressed.  But what to wear?  Wearing the same outfits over and over lately, you would think it wouldn't be that difficult to put an outfit together, but for some reason when the time is ticking I can't seem to think straight. Then I suddenly see a top I haven't worn yet and decide this is the day I want to wear it.  But, what to pair it with? Start to lose track of time.  Turn to the clock... 5 minutes left, crap.  Think!  I look at the back of my closet and thankfully a dress is hanging, clean and ironed.  Breathe a sigh of relief. Out the door with 1 minute to spare!  I get to work, no longer out of breath after a 45-minute train ride and I somewhat feel put together, thanks to the dress.  And, thankfully, there's hairspray in the office bathroom.


Dress: Mango; Shoes: Jessica Simpson;
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs


I realized lately I have a thing for stripes.  These would be great for fall.


DKNY Striped Crew Neck Sweater
Dress: shopbop.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs Marlo Striped
Maxi Dress: neimanmarcus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment