Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wear Me Already: Any Purse but my Louis Vuitton Purse

I spoiled myself with a Louis Vuitton denim bag 5 years ago and I really don't think it has left my side.  It was around my first wedding anniversary and you're supposed to buy something for yourself too.  I'm pretty sure I read that on the internet.  Anyway, this isn't about my past purchases but my purchases going forward!  Recently a co-worker showed me a section in the paper about bright coloured bags and I started thinking to myself, oooh I should get one.  Then I started shouting quite excitedly, pointing to each bag, "I have a bright pink purse...oh, and a bright green purse...oh, and a bright orange purse!" Oh.  Sadly I have over 15 purses and they haven't seen the light of day since Louis came around...well, except for Dior, who sadly doesn't come out that often either.  Ok, some of it is due to laziness!  When I bought Louis, it was so I could stop having to switch purses every day and so that I would stop buying purses that I didn't need.  Did I buy any since then?  Maybe.  But for the most part, it worked.  My challenge for next week (I'm on holidays this week) is to wear a different purse every day (including the three mentioned above) because, clearly, I need a reminder that I already have a bright coloured purse.

(I thought I'd look back on some pictures and, sure enough, Louis is always right by my side.)

At the beach with my niece: March 2007

Banff, Alberta: August 2007

Lake Louise, Alberta: August 2007

Shopping on Magnificent Mile, Chicago: March 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment