Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saved by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs Dresses to be Exact)

Sometimes I wish my closet was just full of dresses.  They're so easy to throw on when you're rushing to get out the door, which I was doing every day this week.  If I had to choose which designer, it would be Marc Jacobs all the way.  I can't remember what started my Marc Jacobs obsession, but all I know is it started about 6 years ago and he's still my favourite designer to this day.  When I shop online, the first category I check is Marc by Marc Jacobs.  To date, I probably have about 5 pairs of shoes, 5 tops, 4 dresses (1 with hearts!), 3 bags, 2 blouses, 1 romper, 1 sweater (with hearts!), 1 scarf and a pair of sunglasses.  (I have a thing for hearts.  Juicy Couture made a dress with hearts and I couldn't resist.  Well played Juicy, well played.)  I even love the Marc Jacobs perfume, Daisy, and wear it every day.  My favourite item is a pair of purple and fuchsia pink open-toed pumps that I bought in Vegas at Neiman Marcus, which began my other obsession: neimanmarcus.com.  I haven't worn these in a while though.  The problem is that they're heels and I just don't wear heels that often anymore because (1) I have back pain at the ripe old age of 32 and (2) I don't dress up for work like I used to.  But they're too gorgeous to just sit in my closet.  So after next week's challenge of wearing the sandals that have been neglected all summer (one pair I haven't even worn yet, even though when I bought them earlier this summer I thought they were perfect because they're beige so they would match everything and they're wedges so super comfortable), I'll have to dedicate some time (maybe a week!) to those pumps because, before you know it, it's going to start snowing.  Ugh.

(Clearly my love for stripes didn't just start this year.  I also love a dress with pockets!)

Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Shoes: Guess;
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs

  
Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Shoes: Charles by Charles
David; Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs


I have a feeling I will "need" these items for fall, along with the striped dress I posted earlier this week, which I'll post again because I'm kind of obsessed with it.

Marlo Striped Maxi Dress:
bergdorfgoodman.com


Adore this look!

Kristi Tie-Neck and 1970s Flared Jeans:
neimanmarcus.com


Magenta: a must-have colour for fall!

Koko Solid Sweater Dress: saks.com


Another gorgeous colour!

Runway Michaela Peter Pan Shirt:
revolveclothing.com


A sweater to replace the mustard yellow blouse I posted in one of my first posts.  Except there's a major problem: they have this sweater in bright pink too!

Uma Sweater: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment