Friday, August 19, 2011

Wear Me Already: Dior denim handbag and Juicy Couture necklace

Manic Monday?  Talk about a manic week!  On Tuesday I decided to declare it "Dress Week" (to myself and maybe one other person), seeing as I had no time to put together any outfits since I wasn't home all weekend and, really, I'm just lazy/tired during the week.  I did have time though to grab this Juicy Couture necklace on my way out the door because I'm also trying to wear all the jewellery I own.  I hardly ever wear accessories, except for sunglasses.  Then why do I bother buying them?  Again, the whole reason for this challenge.


Bag: Dior; necklace: Juicy Couture; Dress: Ella Moss;
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban


Last week I said I needed to wear my Dior bag more often, along with my other neglected bags since Louis came into my life, but when I looked back at pictures I realized I don't neglect it as much as I thought, so I feel much better.  Usually when I dress up, it's my go-to bag because it pretty much goes with everything.  Here's my Dior at BED in Miami in '07.  Great, now I want to go back to Miami.




Buying the Dior bag almost never happened.  I was shopping on Rodeo Drive for the first time, searching for the Louis Vuitton denim monogram bag.  It was my honeymoon so I thought it was a great excuse to spoil myself with my first designer bag.  I had just recently started to fall in love with Marc Jacobs and I had to have it.  I just thought it was fun and would go with everything.  Of course, I couldn't get my hands on it.  So I walked into Dior and saw my bag.  But I hesitated because I did really want to try to get the LV bag.  (Of course, I had no idea I'd be buying the green version less than a year later.)  But I loved how you could dress the Dior up because of the silver metal detail.  I tried on the matching shoes and I fell in love, so I went for it.  But just the bag.  I mean, it was our first day of shopping and I realized I wasn't Julia Roberts shopping with Richard Gere's credit card.  I wonder if everyone thinks of that scene in Pretty Woman when they're shopping on Rodeo?  Anyway, this trip changed me forever.  I don't think I had ever heard of $300 jeans before this trip and now when I come across a pair, I don't even bat my Dior-covered eyelashes.

Just as I don't with the price of the bottom two bags.  But the Christian Louboutin one is on sale!       

Guess Dena Box Satchel: guess.ca


Christian Louboutin Sweet Charity Denim
Shoulder Bag: neimanmarcus.com


Prada Denim Shoulder Bag: Saks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment